Monday, November 20, 2006

Bun



I remember thinking, if I can just get through this (pregnancy), everything else will be a piece of cake in comparison.

Flash forward 3 years. After serving a bowl of soup, I turn to get the peanut butter sandwich. 15 seconds, tops. I turn back to find a bewildered little boy with tiny pasta stars in his hair, down his sweater, over his jeans, and broth soaking in puddles around his socks. It is in my Christmas cactus, on the floor, the chair, the table and the cat. The dog is happily slurping it up. I swear there was only about half a cup of soup in that bowl.

"What happened!?"
"It wasn't me. My soup jumped out of the bowl in the air."

Mental image of the soup, apparently possessed by a demonic spirit, raising from the bowl and expanding to cover everything within 5 feet.

I love being a mom. I love being a mom. I love being a mom......


Title: Bun
Date: 11/20/06
Description: 8"x10" acrylic on canvas panel

Please contact me at christina@wilsongalaxy.com with inquiries or purchase requests.

No comments: