Thursday, September 28, 2006

Bumblebee


Today we went for a little hike down to Deer Lick cave. Apparently the cave walls are salty from some prehistoric sea that used to cover Ohio and the deer like to lick the rocks. I opted not to find out for myself. Lots of fall wildflowers are in bloom and huge fuzzy bumblebees were everywhere. Once I convinced Dominic that the bees wouldn't hurt him, we were able to sit very still in a big flower patch and watch them work. He was mesmerized and I must admit it was pretty cool. When we got home he asked if I could paint a bee, and specified that the flowers had to be pink.


Title: Bumblebee
Date: 9/28/06
Description: 8"x10" acrylic on canvas panel

Please contact me at christina@wilsongalaxy.com with inquiries or purchase requests.

2 comments:

David said...

Oh my gosh -- what a cute story :-) Love the spirit of your site! I paint with my 5 year old, and we have a lot of fun together, too. It's really the stuff that will make me well up when they have to leave for college.

Anonymous said...

MY Favorite. I love that Bumble Bee. Thanks for your email. I appreciated it. Your painting makes me think of summer again. Mercy L.