Sunday, August 20, 2006

Instant Gratification



Today I took my 3 year old son to a boomerang workshop, just to watch. I thought he'd enjoy it, but he was completely bored. He had a much better time searching for colored leaves and blowing the fluff off dandelions.

It's a little difficult to tell from the photo, but the blue background has a swirly watercolor effect and the "fluff" is colored pencil. I couldn't achieve the fuzziness I wanted using paints, my brushes aren't fine enough I suppose.


Title: Instant Gratification
Date: 8/20/06
Description: acrylic on 8 x 10 canvas panel

Please contact me at christina@wilsongalaxy.com with inquiries or purchase requests.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! You left a comment on my LJ post the other day, so I decided to come over and check this out.

I really like the stylized effect this painting has. It's fun, good composistion, and as a side note: I like how your signature blends into the picture :D

A Painting A Day seems like a really good idea :D I think I might try it... Last night I went and made a little blog for it, but who knows if I'll get around to! Thanks for letting me know about this project. You're right, sometimes you just need a little kick : Good luck!

Heather said...

I really enjoyed looking at your paintings. "Instant Gratification" is my fav, so innocent and fun. Like the story behind it as well. I also really like "Thunder on the Big Top" and the concept behind "Countdown". Keep painting!!!

Peter Yesis said...

Tis painting has a great sense of design and movement. Well done!

Unknown said...

I really love this one, great job.
Leigh:)

Anonymous said...

Christina I love this one...if you're serious about selling these, I might just be interested in this!

You might think your artistic talent came from your dad, but I think you must have a really cool sister--that's where all the best inspiration comes from. :o)