Wednesday, August 30, 2006

King of the Mushroom



I really need to stop painting in the middle of the night. I am not a night person at all, but I never seem to get started until 10 or so. I sort of digressed on this one and painted the type of picture that I normally do for a kid's room. I call these coloring book pictures because the black outline makes it look like it came from a coloring book. Kids love this style so I use it a lot. Unfortunately it is a lot easier to do an outline on a nice smooth wall than a bumpy canvas, so the lines aren't as clean as I'd like.

I like the little frog struggling up onto the mushroom, sort of clinging there in victory. The mushroom is pink and orange because I like pink and orange, not because the frog is on acid (as someone who shall remain nameless suggested).


Title: King of the Mushroom
Date: 8/29/06
Description: 8"x10" acrylic on canvas panel

Please contact me at christina@wilsongalaxy.com with inquiries or purchase requests.

No comments: