Friday, October 06, 2006

Run

I recently started running, not because I want to but because certain people don't think I can. (I've been somewhat sluggish about hard exercise for the past 3 years). I prefer to walk or hike, and I've always felt that the only reason to run is if you are being chased by a bear. The Susan Komen Breast Cancer 5K is in a couple weeks and I'm sure I won't be running the whole thing; I'm shooting for running about half the time and walking the rest. On 9/29 I started my "training", heading down to the canal and running on the towpath. I complete a walking/running 5K each time, just not very fast. It is very green and pretty with lots of wildlife, I've seen red salamanders, cranes, an old guy with a long grey mullet, chipmunks, mallards and lots of dead snakes and woolybears. They get squished on the path. It's hard for me to concentrate on running when I'd rather be looking at the scenery.


Title: Run
Date: 10/6/06
Description: 8"x10" acrylic on canvas panel

Please feel free to contact me at christina.wilson@cox.net with inquiries or purchase requests.

3 comments:

Oberon said...

.......fab...u...lous.

Christina said...

Thanks a lot :)

Anonymous said...

simple lines tell a lot